Tuesday 5 August 2014

Slow Down Summer

Is it really August already?  With only one month left until I return to uni for my final year I would really like Summer to slow down.  After a fantastic weekend away at Camp Bestival, which I will be sharing over the next couple of days, it suddenly dawned on me that there were things I really wanted to do this summer. Nothing spectacular, making a skirt, reading lots of books, planning my cutting and vegetable gardens, enjoying long lazy days with my children and Andy.  I also hoped to take some time to think about where I am going with this blog, old habits are hard to leave behind! Yet panic has set in that I will run out of time, that I need to be returning to academic reading in preparation for writing my dissertation.  

So please Summer, can you just slow down a little, give me time to stop, think, read, bake, sew and plan. Perhaps whoever is in charge of September could oversleep and keep that pause button pressed just a little longer than normal.

Until next time, take care.
Zoe
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment